Skip to main content

Is there a way to allow external training to be completed/ uploaded on mobile devices?

I’m looking for a way for staff who only use a mobile phone to upload external training certificates to also be associated with a certification.

The feature is not currently available on the app, and when you visit the web browser on a mobile device the view does not resize/ adapt for mobile and you are unable to complete the fields.

Why is this an issue?

Due to how the training is conducted, staff often don’t receive a copy of their completion certificate until 1-2 weeks after the training has been completed.

We are unable to use the “file upload” function within a course useless as the completion date is the date the file was submitted, not the date the course was completed. Being a compliance course this won’t meet our standards.

In addition, our staff are an entirely remote and do not have access to a computer or tablet, meaning that mobile phones are the only way they access work systems. In addition, most staff do not have access to a personal tablet or computer at home either. This means they cannot access the desktop version of the functionality.

Any ideas on how you have managed this would be really helpful!

Please note: We only have 1 L&D person so managing this centrally is not an option.

@Annem - so you are cornered well with this one.

A question - do you have a little bit of a budget or someone that can support some API work for you?

The only thing that I can think of is to work with a consulting group on somehow working with the API to pass along the attachment to a 3rd party server that would in turn fill out the external training form.

I am by far not a developer, but I do know how to read some general documentation. And the API-Browser see like it has some of the basic chops to build a rudimentary app - but the only piece that seems unclear to my non-technical eyes is how to upload your certificate. Maybe that is the go between for the 3rd party server.

@burt.mccollum is a colleague that works at at ESkillz that once was part of Docebo that has helped us out in the past. Maybe he can point you in an intriguing direction.

Also @Annem - I work with a form builder called Jotform. It can handle uploads and do the form collection for you without a problem. Yep it is responsive in design and looks great.

The challenge would then be to connect Jotform to Docebo - which is where a 3rd party server or even Docebo Connect to pull it off.

Just thinking aloud with a semi-non-technical hat on.