Question

How to determine intended order of paid content

• 5 August 2021
  • 2 replies

We have access to the full library of paid content, and it seems to be structured as individual videos/courses and no learning plans.

Because of this, how can you determine the intended order of videos that are part of a series? Some of the content have “part 1/6” in their names, but some do not. 

Example:

1. Go to the Course Catalog > Docebo Content Premium > Programming and Web Development
  2. Set Language filter to English
  3. Search for “docker”

The returned list has a number of courses all with the same thumbnail image and similar naming, implying they are all “similar”. However, there is no way to tell which of these courses is the first in the series, then second, so on.

This matters because some of the videos are “intro” or “overview” of a feature, and others are using your knowledge of said feature to do something else. Meaning there is a required order in which the content is intended to be consumed.

Happy to share a screenshot if that helps! Thank you for reading! Would love any advice.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @johnhebronbc! I noticed we missed responding to your question initially. I’m wondering if we can help with additional context on the courses you’re interested in. Do you mind sharing a screenshot or video of what is available to you in the UI? Please do share if you’ve gained some intel since your post and have :white_check_mark: this off the list!   

Userlevel 3

Hello @johnhebronbc Running the keyword search you mention above, I had good luck with changing the sort from the default (Most Recent) to A-Z.

This collected courses with the same title, presented in Parts, into a more understandable order. The effectiveness is dependent of course on the course creator using consistent/best practices with their naming conventions.

I also had some luck with clicking to preview a course, and using the Related Courses suggestions (Right sidebar) to find other, similar courses on the topic.

Hope these few tips are of some help! Interested to see if you have some other examples you could share per @christina.streetman comments, too.