Best Answer

How to indicate that a fee may apply for ILT?

• 11 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

How do we indicate that there is a fee associated with the ILT for some users when billing is handled outside of the platform? For the most part, our internal employees are aware that they can join virtual ILTs for free but we want paying users to know that when they get to the ILT part of their learning plan and they try to enroll in a session, there will likely be a fee associated with the session. 

It would be tacky to put “FEE MAY APPLY” in the course name but if we put it in the course description, the user probably won’t even see that when they are requesting enrollment into a session. 

Here’s background for more clarity….we have virtual ILTs that serve three target audiences: 

1. Internal employees (who do not pay to join a virtual ILT session)
  2. Customers (who must pay to join a virtual ILT session)
  3. Partners (some pay and some don’t due to contractual arrangements)

Historically, ILTs were managed entirely outside of docebo. We collected rosters and manually emailed  the enrollees Zoom links, and tracked attendance on spreadsheets. Now we’ve transitioned to ILTs being managed through Docebo and they are part of our learning plans but all billing is still tracked independently as part of our contracts. For example, learners may take five self-study courses and then the final course in the learning plan is an ILT for which they need to attend a Zoom meeting with an instructor. 

We set the ILT courses to “Pending Admin Approval”, so we can see who is interested in a session and approve or decline their request to enroll. This ensures that we have space for our paying customers and the learners who need to get enabled quickly by taking the training (versus learners who are just curious or internal employees who we can push off to a later session if necessary). 

But what is the most visible and professional way to indicate, “Heads up. This isn’t free. Now that you’re in the ILT part of your learning plan, if you are expressing interest in enrolling, there is a good change there is a fee if you’re approved into the session.” 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 12 November 2021, 17:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@jennadionn have you thought about adding a Course or ILT Additional field? This can carry additional info and be visible to users or not. The Course field appears at the top of the page while the ILT field appears when you view the sessions.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@lrnlab I love that idea and thank you for your suggestion! Immediately see what I wish we could do with the feature, like have it display the entire message without the learner having to click “Show More” because the majority of the message is hidden when a learner lands here. Additionally, there is no way to format it, such as bold red text to draw attention to the message.

We already had customers calling us this morning saying, “I enrolled into the session, so send me my credentials for the training environment.” And we had to level set their expectations and tell them, “You requested enrollment into a session. There is a fee involved and your enrollment has not yet been approved.” It didn’t go over very well. :/ 

Userlevel 3

Hello @jennadionn Have you explored the use of multiple course Catalogs - perhaps one set of courses that are Free and have employees enrolled, and one set that are Paid where all Customers and Partners are enrolled but those “free-to-take-per-contract” partners have a coupon code to remove the cost of the course? Depending on how you are using branches and groups, you may be able to take advantage of auto-enrollment rules to connect each of the 4 groups (employee, customers, partners-paid, partners-free) into the right version of the course - paid or free - in the right catalog.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@jason.moore just made me think of another option you could use...We use it to provide a discount on courses via the Content Partner app. You could conceivably use this to enable a 100% discount for those branches that are authorized. IF you want to know more check this out:

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020082200-Managing-the-Content-Partners-App