Best Answer

How to remove or hide "add to playlist" and "invite to watch" from channels

• 2 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi,

We’re looking to use channels to share videos with external customers, outside of our usual courses. 

We’ve created groups and used cohorts so that Q&A/comments for items in the channel are only visible to each company group, but for every item in the channel a user can “create a playlist” and “invite to watch”.  For these options, the user can see all other users in other companies or we just don’t want them (i.e. we’ve hidden the main playlist button at the top of the screen using CSS that we were given).

Can we disable the create a playlist or invite to watch options? Or does anyone know the CSS code to hide them?

Thanks in advance for your help!

This is a screenshot of an item in our channel:

icon

Best answer by kferguson 2 November 2022, 22:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I uses this code in the CSS section and it did the trick.  

Cheers. 

/*Hide "Add to Playlist" in Actions menu*/

doc-widget-my-courses-and-learning-plans ui-card-footer.ui-card-footer {

display: none;

}

/*Hide "Add to Playlist" in Actions menu */

doc-layout-action-buttons button[aria-label="Add to Playlist"] {

}

Userlevel 3

Thanks!

That worked well in the My courses & learning plans section and helped us on our way.  We amended it after a few hours of arguing with the system to get:

doc-channels-page dcb-ui-menu.dcb-ui-menu {

}

to hide the whole circle button with 3 dots from all the items in the All Channels page (as we couldn’t make it hide individual items from the menu shown when the circle button is selected).  We then repeated it for a new page we created:

#doc-page-41 dcb-ui-menu.dcb-ui-menu {

}

We also had to use the following code to remove another Invite to Watch button which appears at the top of the screen when you select an item from a channel:

doc-layout-action-buttons #invitetowatch {

}

Hi,

I have tried this and it has not worked. i am looking to remove ‘add to playlist’ on the dashboard screen.

thanks