Best Answer

HTML/CSS Homepage Question

• 4 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am new to HTML and CSS. I have been going through the resources in the community and on Docebo University. I stumbled across the layout below for the beginning of a homepage…I would like to have something similar, if possible (banner with our company logo on a background that also shows some of the user’s information - full name, email, position, and if possible, their time zone).

Any ideas on how I can do this? It was not explained on the recorded webinar shared on Docebo University. 

Any help would be appreciated :) Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 17 January 2024, 20:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KLevensky - here is the hint - you need to adjust the CSS for the profile widget. The profile widget serves up the persons name and Title. I dont know too much beyond that because I havent implemented this.

@gstager / @Bfarkas - fellas - have you done these adjustments with your implementation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hmm. I can only think of 2 ways to do this, and neither is particular simple nor really built in.

1. Use the ‘My Profile’ widget on the page to display the information and then use CSS to HEAVILY customize it. Note this will not work on the mobile app, the customizations will drop and they will see the normal widget (or hide it there).
  2. Basically build a page someplace else. You can make a page that then uses the iframe oauth technique to connect to the API and collect the users information to display on page load. I show this on a support form here: 

Now, neither of these are simple or built in, but its all I can think of at the moment.