Best Answer

HTML Page Marked Complete Automatically - Can This Be Avoided

• 19 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good Afternoon,

There are a number of times I am embedding an HTML code as a learning asset.  These include:

• When I want to embed a Canva project
  • When I want to Embed a Youtube video with extra coding at the end to only show recommendations on my channel

As things stand, as soon an the HTML learning asset is viewed, it is marked as complete.  This is especially problematic with the upcoming AI change in October as this will open a pop-up that says it is complete.

Has anyone found a way to allow for some time to pass before the HTML asset is marked complete?

Thank you,

Ryan

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 19 July 2023, 21:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

sadly that’s the way that object works. Only work around I know of would be to place it inside a SCORM wrapper.

you can try this:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks so much @lrnlab … Through this I learned that I’m not quite at your skill level!  I appreciate the insight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks so much @lrnlab … Through this I learned that I’m not quite at your skill level!  I appreciate the insight.

LOL, I still learn something new every day!!

Userlevel 4

Hi @RyanBerardi  - 

Same issue here but my HTML embeds are PDFs presented as PDFs (not images)
I simply turned off the distracting pop-ups. Testing it now with the new UI

@lrnlab -Check my work please?!! LOL

/* Hide pop-over completion message on content */

div.intime-completed.ng-star-inserted {display: none !important;}

doc-layout-toasts .doc-layout-stacked-toasts {display: none !important;}

Userlevel 3
Badge

@susan2000 … Here is a very very beginner question.  Where are you going in Docebo to make the language changes you are showing here?  I certainly don’t want to go in and start “breaking things,” but I’m genuinely interested in learning more about how to tweak stuff (like what you are showing) to serve my purposes.

Userlevel 4

@RyanBerardi  - Sure! I thought of that after I posted ;)
If you paid for a Sandbox environment, try it in there first. (If you don’t know if you have a Sandbox, check your invoices on the ”Usage Dashboard”)

Basically, what you are doing is adding CSS to your instance.

1. Go to the Admin Menu (gear Icon)
  2. Locate “Configure Branding and Look” in the Settings topics and click it
  3. On the DESKTOP tab, expand “Custom Styles”
  4. Here you will see an area for 7.0 Custom CSS that applies to your entire platform
    1. If you have code in there, scroll to the bottom and add the lines. the line that starts with /* and end with */ allows you to add a comment description about what the code does so elaborate there if you want more context.
    2. Paste your code in and save.
  5. It’s going to say you need to refresh so do that and then go test.
  6. If it doesn’t work how you like, remove it or move the */ to the end of the new code to neutralize it but keep the text in place.

(Also - the first style div.intime-completed is old course UI and the doc-layout-toasts are is for new UI)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you @susan2000 !  We do indeed have a Sandbox environment, so this will be great.  Thanks again for taking the time to explain this!