Question

ILT course/session score:

• 24 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello,

Here is my problem: 

I can’t calculate score of a ILT session based on training material.
I can’t mark a ILT course as completed based on a training material comletion.

Let me explain:

In my ILT course, I want the user course to be marked as completed when he complete a specific training material, I also want the score of that session to be based on the same training material.

Maybe im doing this the wrong way but it seems weird to me that there is no option to mark a session as completed when a user complete a specific training material. There is only the ‘’user complete the test training material’’ but what if i have more than one test material ? Why is this option only available at the course level? I want to be able to access the score of my users in the session reports but for this i need to evaluate them, but why would i manualy put the score of a test a second time if they just did it and the score is calculated automatically ? Also why can’t I mark a course as completed when a user finish a training material why is it only when a session is finished ? 

Thank you.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Bfarkas hello sorry for tagging you but i see you know the platform weel, any tips on this ?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey, if I understand this correctly, you have to set up that the final score is calculated based on the training material. It’s in your course properties - make sure to upload the material first so you can pick it. :) Is this what you’re looking for?

Userlevel 3
Badge

To add to the above, there’s an option to mark the session as ‘Completed’ if it’s a training material based evaluation. Then you can set up that the course is marked as ‘completed’, if the learner completes X number of sessions (also in the course properties). I’m not really aware of any other options.. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Yes thank you for the help but like I sayd, there is more than one test in my course and only the last one should be the one marking the course as completed.. so there is still no option to mark completion selecting a specific training material in a session. Also for the score in the course this is what I am doing but it is annoying because the score doesn’t show in the ‘’session reports’’ only the training material reports. The session and course are seperated completly but i feel like they should be way more connected since a session is basically a course of this course.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Have you tested what happens when you set up your training material as the ‘end of object’ marker? If you have multiple tests, but the last one should mark the course as completed, that could be a solution.