Best Answer

ILT enrollment calendar push & 2-way communication

• 8 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi There, I’m curious if it is possible to set up my ideal calendar invitation scenario for optional ILT course enrollment.  It is as follows:

1. User selects and enrolls in ILT session/event they would like to take
  2. Enrollment email is received
  3. Google calendar invitation for ILT is automatically added to their gcal with status=accepted
    1. LMS Admin can see gcal invite and all accepted users and course information in one invitation (appears as if set up from calendar application) 
    2. Gcal Invite contains course description and link to Docebo where zoom link can be joined, if virtual.
  4. If User rejects gcal invite at any point, they are unenrolled in the course
  5. Next user at the top of the waitlist is enrolled in the course (begin step 1 for them)

How can this be achieved in Docebo?  Thanks for your help and advice!

-Galen

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 8 May 2023, 19:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4

I’ve had quite a lot of trouble with this as well and am following along to see responses. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @5Galen not aware of any way to auto-accept an invitation from a 3rd party unless the user’s calendar is set-up to accept all invites automatically...as for un-enrolling a user who declines the calendar invitation...since the course and invitation are not really linked, don’t think this is possible; the invite is tied  tto the session/event and not the course…

As for adding links or customizing your calendar invitation...you can do this if you decide to purchase Docebo Connect.

@lrnlab thanks for your insight.  It seems you’ve been pretty involved in the Docebo community.  Have you had luck with submitting product update requests to accommodate something that seems like a common-sense workflow from and admin perspective?  Would love some tips on how to set up a submission for success.

I think an easy win would be a calendar invite push for enrollment rather than the current state of an optional “add to calendar” link that appears in an enrollment email. 

No system I’ve worked with has had steps 4&5 as I’ve described, though it’s something that my power users always are requesting (and frankly, is expected behavior from a user perspective...they are in their calendars all the time and most won’t go the extra step of declining or unenrolling in a system which makes roster and waitlist management a real pain).

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

The idea submission process is just that...clients can put forward what they think are product enhancements and others can vote up the ideas, etc. That said, you have to remember that there is no guarantee that even a highly voted idea will ever make it into the product as there are many many steps involved in making such changes...+ Docebo have an established roadmap and product groups that are already developing things we will see in the months and years to come…

There are many ideas out these to improve the calendar options but none have made into the product yet...we have using Docebo for 4 years now and we’ve seen many good thing comet of the idea process but not all are wishes are granted...never hurts to try...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Adding 2 cents - this may be a place where something like Docebo Connect can work for you. They have a recipe for Outlook and the calendaring component where many of the components you are describing do work. I am not sure if they have a comparable recipe for Google calendar.

(Sorry to say though - this is a “pay for” function).

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Adding 2 cents - this may be a place where something like Docebo Connect can work for you. They have a recipe for Outlook and the calendaring component where many of the components you are describing do work. I am not sure if they have a comparable recipe for Google calendar.

(Sorry to say though - this is a “pay for” function).

We have just launched Connect and it’s not as sl cis as we had hoped...it basically works via your own dedicated calendar with the outlook recipe but cannot be used to include links if you are using sub domains...We had to scale back our scope as a result…

Not sure about what they do with Google Calendar...did see this that might be interesting...but again you need to pay extra for this service and it’s a lengthy implementation process

@5Galen you might want to reach out to your AM to ask about this and your use case...