Best Answer

ILT with Prework and Postwork elearning

• 5 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi

I need some ideas on a project I am working on. 

I want to increase learner engagement and support before, during and after attending an ILT session. 

My initial idea was to create a learning plan with three courses: 

• Pre-work (eLearning) containing a HTML page, pre-session survey and other pre-work content (documents, micro eLearning if required)
  • ILT session 
  • Post-work (eLearning) containing a HTML page, post session survey, observation checklists for learners to evaluate and get signed off from what they’ve learnt from the ILT session, then some SCORM files. 

I want to have it that they can’t attend an ILT session until they have completed the pre-work and they can’t access the post-work course without attending the ILT. 

Would this work as a concept? 

Is there also a way of adding notifications to the post-work course? Say I add more content to this course 6 months down the line from the first intake, or would it be best to send out an email? 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 5 February 2024, 17:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Yes you can set it up like that but keep in mind that they will not be able to register for a session until the pre-requisites are met. If that works for you then this is simplest way to build it. As for adding more content after you launch this program...while you can do that, there are 2 notifications that might work depending on your set-up...1 can send a notice to users that new training materials have been added and the other is one to PU’s and/or super admins that a new course has been created...keep in mind that those that are showing as completed on the LP will remain as such even when adding new courses to the LP so you may want to go with a manual notification to explain this...

Thank you @lrnlab I will have a go at trailing this out. 

It’s looking like manual notifications will be the best solution for new work added to the learning plan. 

Yes you can set it up like that but keep in mind that they will not be able to register for a session until the pre-requisites are met. If that works for you then this is simplest way to build it. As for adding more content after you launch this program...while you can do that, there are 2 notifications that might work depending on your set-up...1 can send a notice to users that new training materials have been added and the other is one to PU’s and/or super admins that a new course has been created...keep in mind that those that are showing as completed on the LP will remain as such even when adding new courses to the LP so you may want to go with a manual notification to explain this...