Best Answer

ILT with Prework and PostWork Videos for each lesson

• 8 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I needed some ideas, is it possible to create a course that is combined ILT and Elearning. 

In example

Users Must Watch PreVideos for Lesson 1
Live Lesson 1 Takes Place
Users Must Watch Post Videos for Lesson 1
Users Must Watch PreVideos for Lesson 2
Live Lesson 2 Takes Place
Users Must Watch Post Videos for Lesson 2

Is there a way to do this within one course? Sure we can add content to an ILT, but we would like it to show up easily in order. Does this have to be done with multiple courses? 

icon

Best answer by Stephen.Barton 9 November 2023, 10:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi

This sounds like the perfect use case for a Learning Plan unless there are reasons you have identified that don’t make a Learning Plan suitable on this occasion   ?

StephenB

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

only thing to consider is whether to use pre-reqs in the LP or not...if you do, users will need to watch the first video before they are allowed to choose and enrol in a session; unless you enroll them in the ILT session(s) on the backend

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you go the route of not requiring so that folks can self-enroll in sessions without having completed, which i prefer as I have seen users delay classes if required first, I found it useful to add the reminder to the session registration email to go do the pre-work.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks everyone, thinking about it now learning paths may work. The reason we were staying away from it, is because we wanted to have the same cohort run through the program together and they will not be able to sign up for an ILT until they got to that point. I appreciate the ideas. Thank you all! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If that is the case, you could always control the enrolling in the ILT if you want them to stay together, and then that matters less on the controlling since you are managing them.