Best Answer

ILT with required e-learning training material

• 11 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

TL;DR: 6 month program with e-learning and ILT requirements biweekly. How should I set it up?

--

I have a program,  set up as a Learning Plan, that includes a number of instructor led sessions. The learners need to attend a session every other week on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. There are required e-learning courses that need to be taken BEFORE attending the equivalent ILT session.

What I initially set up was a course per week, with the training material - e-Learning and then 1 event with three sessions. 

Here are the problems I’m having and would love your advice:

• The learners want to block out their calendar for the next four months of class, but if I make the previous class a pre-requisite to the next one, they can’t get to the session information to add it to their calendars.
  • I don’t seem to have any ability to control the training material in an ILT class. I can’t force completion to be based on BOTH attending a session and doing the e-learning. 
  • I can’t force the order of completion or put any settings around when the content can be taken for the e-learning in the ILT module. 

Thanks for advice on a better way to do this.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 12 September 2023, 21:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Sadly, that’s one of the issues with LP and prerequisites...since we cannot create pre-req between courses that are not in an LP, not sure how you can accomplish this.

You might need to add another course that is like an acknowledgement that they have completed the rework (or will complete the rework) before the session so they can register and book their calendars…

This is a gap in the LMS unfortunately.

Another idea may be to add that acknowledgement as a TEST to the ILT course where they would need two acknowledge and then you can use that to mark the session as completed. Your instructor could make that available only at a specific time, after they have attended...even this option has its own challenges though...

Userlevel 3
Badge

@lrnlab thanks for always being there to help!

I actually have all this content in a single course- I created it as an ILT but then put the e-learning as the training material. A super inelegant solution would be to create the e-learning course and then the ILT and make the e-learning the pre-req, but that still puts me in the situation that the learner can’t sign up for the session in the future for a calendar hold, which is my primary goal…

Related to this- any idea what I managed to do so that I don’t see the ability to sign up for the session??

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yup, that’s the issue I was trying to describe...what you need does not exist unfortunately …

as for the enrol button...if you are using the Learner Preview (as an admin) you will not see it...you should test with a real user test ID to get the real feel. That would be my guess