Skip to main content
Best Answer

Import to create course shells?

• 3 November 2021
  • 2 replies

I know that ILT sessions can be imported but surprised I’m not seeing anywhere to import elearning courses? 

Use Case:

I have approximately 60 session recordings (from a customer conference) that I need to publish to our LMS as courses. We prefer to wrap each in a course to get better reporting (i.e., who, when, status vs simply # of clicks that Coach and Share channel asset reporting provides). 

I have a csv file containing each ‘course’ name and description, and an mp4 file for each. 

I know this can be done via API but was wondering if there is a simple csv import for creating the course shells I could use?

Yep. You can support this with the automation app. The automation app will need an sFTP destination to create those from.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020082520-Creating-a-Rule-for-the-Automation-App#h_01FHZ4DNTG469Z69J0128Y8CZB

The import will support the creation of course shells for you - which is half the story.

I believe you can use the same shell creation to generate your course shells for those courses as well.

Awesome! Glad I asked - I had no idea that app did this.