Skip to main content
Question

Inconsistencies with Direct Enrollment Link

• 19 June 2024
  • 2 replies

We are experiencing some issues with the direct enrollment link. We have tested the same enrollment link with a few internal employees, here are the scenarios:

1: Internal employee can access using the enrollment link - works as expected

2: Internal employee cannot access the course directly - the enrollment link

3: Internal employee cannot access the course directly - gets a 403 error

We aren’t really sure where the inconsistency is. We are using the same link, and the users have permissions to the course.

Does anyone have any ideas for fixes for this issue?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@melissabj Hi, Melissa … this sounds like a browser caching error. Especially if they’ve tried multiple times.

I’d recommend logging out of their account, clearing all history related to the URLs of your platform, and then trying the URL again. I’d expect that they will have to provide their platform credentials, which will force the browser to update the platform cache.

The next thing would be to see if it’s browser-dependent. I’ve not found that to be an issue with Docebo in the past, but it would be a troubleshooting step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Also check whether you allow users to be enrolled even if they do not have access to the catalogue the course is in; this is a global setting under the Advanced Settings. Also check whether these users are all in the same domain. Enrolment links are domain sensitive. They will include the domain of the admin who copied it.