Best Answer

Instructors receiving 403 error when accessing a course

• 18 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Background:

The last two weeks, our instructors have been reporting that the are receiving a 403 error when trying to access their courses.  Our instructors are usually accessing courses from a calendar widget on their home page.  Alternatively, we provide the URL to the course.  Regardless of the method in which they access the training, they will get the 403 error.  Our current workaround is to have the users go back to their home page and access the course again.  In some cases, instructors are having to repeat this three times before they can access their training.

We have tested using the My Current Tasks widget to have instructors access training, but ILTs will disappear from that widget once the training has begun (for example, if it is a 5-day training, the ILT will not be available on that widget for Day 2 of the training).

My first thought as a workaround was to have them use an enrollment link  - but we don’t want the instructors enrolled onto the roster.

I’m trying to think of other work arounds, any one else experiencing this, or have any other workaround ideas to getting our instructors into the courses?

icon

Best answer by steveninfinger 18 February 2022, 14:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

We’ve had the same issues and are using the same work around. We put in a ticket a couple of weeks ago. Support said it’s been an issue for multiple orgs so they’re releasing a patch on 2/24.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you for sharing this info about the patch @steveninfinger !  We had a ticket open and hadn’t heard about a patch yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@steveninfinger Out of curiosity, did you receive a confirmation of the patch being released? If so, has it worked for you?  On our ticket, there has been no mention of a 2/24 patch, but I’m hoping this is something that was resolved (we haven’t had any reports of it happening from our instructors yet).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yep, we received confirmation that the patch occurred, and we have not had any reports so far this week.