Question

Interactive video with Q&A chat linked to video timeline?

• 22 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Greetings, I am investigating video tools that allows Docebo users to engage with videos. Specifically, I would like to display a Q&A chat area with the video that allows viewers to submit questions about the video.

A perfect example of this is Knowmia by Techsmith. In the screenshot below you can see the ‘Conversation’ panel on the right. When a viewer enters a question, it is timestamped to the exact point they are at in the video.

A second example is Mindstamp. Although it has very impressive video engagement features, the Q&A capability is not as good as Knowmia.

Ideally I would like to use a Docebo specific extension, like H5P, but I have not found anything in the market. I’m open to suggestions because ultimately the use case is for a Docebo user to stop the video and easily enter a question/comment without leaving the video space (or the tineline point they are at with the video). And of course the “instructor” can receive the questions/comments.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Greetings, I am investigating video tools that allows Docebo users to engage with videos. Specifically, I would like to display a Q&A chat area with the video that allows viewers to submit questions about the video.

Hi - I have been down the path. You may want to check out Viddler. They have a video engagement platform that allows for the leaving of comments between each other inline in the video and in the timeline. I like them because they are local folk (in Bethlehem PA) and are passionate about their video platform and learning. They were on the cutting edge of HTML 5 interactive video for a bit, but to be fair? They took a turn towards building out their platform more and those comments/interactions as other localized content platforms turned their attention towards interactive video (Adobe Video Presenter - a now deprecated product popped this open as well as advances by Camtasia) .

BTW? Love, love, LOVE the H5P project - I need more excuses to leverage them. H5P leverages LTI for their integrations. But a German development group turned around and developed a SCORM packaging project for them...meaning you can upload an H5P output local to Docebo.