Best Answer

Is channels laggy/buggy/nonresponsive for anyone else?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m now up to 55 channels. 

The first 25-30 channels are fine. Everything after that gets messy. If I scroll down my computer lags out while loading the new channels in chrome with 0 other tabs in a fresh instance. I can’t even view anything “after the break” on opera, which technically isn’t supported, but the page is buggy anyway and opera is webkit.

I’m on a core i5 gen 12 thinkpad carbon with minimal background apps and tabs (3 apps, 3 tabs).

I’m scared to think what will happen when I get to 150 channels in a few months. We’re a large association.

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 4 October 2022, 17:54

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Where are you when your viewing, like a page widget or just the management area?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

https://in.leadingre.com/share/channels

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ah, up to about 60 and have no real issue, there's a slight hesitation when I scroll and hit the bottom but then loads and all good. I used my notorious crap laptop for this test for ya.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @lrodman yes we experience the same...beyond 10-15 channels, it becomes very laggy and you dont really know that there are more channels cause it takes a few seconds for the spinner to appear showing there are more channels to view…

we are attempting to alleviate some of that frustration by building a page with a widget for each channel making it a bit easier fro users to navigate them all…

not the best experience for sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Wait, that link brought me to my admin management page….let me try as a standard user, although we use channel widgets to break the choices up all around on custom pages for users so probably why it has not come up. It wouldn't surprise me if it gets sluggish since I’ve seen that in widgets with many channels, and most active items within Docebo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I was talking about the admin page, yes

But the all-channels widget has poor loading too.

I’m only displaying about 15-20 channels to a given user. The rest are going to be 100-150 company-specific channels for association member companies’ internal courses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ah, ok, then for that page I refer to my previous answer, I scroll down, it starts to load, takes 1-2 secs, loads, I keep scrolling.

Yeah the widgets get heavy, I stick to like 5 if I can, but I don’t think I have anything over 10 for a specific user.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

On the admin page dragging and dropping channels is laggy and buggy, for me. I have 55 right now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

well, thats no fun.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

well, thats no fun.

admin page fixed by docebo overnight

yasssssss

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Interesting, you put a ticket in and it was some performance cleanup?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Interesting, you put a ticket in and it was some performance cleanup?

Guess so! 

Userlevel 3

I am seeing courses going missing from channels. This issue started earlier this month. I am not sure what happened but the courses cannot display under the channels.