Question

is it possible to unenroll multiple users from learning plans that I have listed on a spreadsheet (without having to select them individually)?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I want to remove groups of users from Learning plans. When assigning them to the learning plan we could assign them by groups/branches, but when we want to unassign them its seems it can only be done on an individual basis.

thanks in advance

Stephen

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Stephen.Barton sadly at this time there is no option on the front end to do this...courses have a CSV option you can use to enroll/unenroll but LP’s do not. There are supposed to be some LP improvements delivered later this year so hopefully this will be one of them.

Think you can use an API do this though if you have some experience with those however the only one I see can only unroll 1 user at a time so would probably need to do some coding to automate mass enrolments.

Hi, has this been resolved yet? I am having the same issue? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi, has this been resolved yet? I am having the same issue? 

Sadly, there is no change to this. It is a manual process.

The OP was asking about Learning Plans. It sounds like that is still not possible.

My question: Is it possible to unenroll a group from a single course? I know how to use the CSV to do this but that requires extra work to build the CSV. It would be nice (and make sense) to be able to unenroll a group I previously assigned to a course. 

Any update on unenrolling groups from Learning Plans? Also It would be great if there could be similar functionality as Catalog when groups are added they stay organized as a group.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Any update on unenrolling groups from Learning Plans? Also It would be great if there could be similar functionality as Catalog when groups are added they stay organized as a group.

No changes to learning plan enrollment/unenrollment functionality at this time. :-(.

Our rep has us using a CSV file to change the users name to include “unenroll” after, removing them from the learning plan then changing their name back to the original format without the “unenroll” tag. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

For those interested in this, is CSV the way you prefer?

Are you doing batches of mixed users in mixed learning plans?

Do you expect the user to be removed from the courses within the learning plan too or just from the container?

Designing out an idea, so useful to know, thanks!

Userlevel 3

For those interested in this, is CSV the way you prefer? YES

Are you doing batches of mixed users in mixed learning plans? YES

Do you expect the user to be removed from the courses within the learning plan too or just from the container? From the courses withing the learning plan too

Designing out an idea, so useful to know, thanks!

Please see my replies in the quoted message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks @KaterinaT   I started designing this out today, have a path forward, once the new skills tool is done being tested going to make it the next build so should have something in the next week or so. I am curious though, on your CSV file, how are you identifying the learning plans? Learning plans having the older interface makes it harder for folks to find the docebo ID, trying to figure out the best route to account for this. 

Userlevel 3

I created a CSV file, where I manually entered the LP names and IDs (went through each of the LPs and manually found their IDs).

Then I downloaded a list of all the users from the specific branch that I wanted from the User Management, and selected their ID to show in the spreadsheet.

I then downloaded a 'Users - Learning Plans' report and did two XLOOKUP between these three spreadsheets and I ended up with one that was one column the user's ID and the other column the LP IDs.

Please let me know if something doesn't make sense!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Cool. that is what I expected. Sounds like would be useful to do a quick download of LP names/IDs so you don’t have to maintain that manually, will add to the list. 

Thinking along those lines, if the LP’s we’re listed on screen and you could just plop groups of user IDs and enter them, skipping the CSV step, useful or you’d still be going down the CSV route anyways?

Userlevel 3

The only reason why I need the CSV is so that I can do a bulk enrollment/unenrollment using the API, as this is not possible through the platform. 

Any updates on this?

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Still looking for a resolution to unenroll large groups from learn plans without doing it user by user/API etc. 

Originally 7 -integrated e-learning LP’s were created and auto enrolled to all on our internal user platform; however we have modified several other LP’s since which add specific courses from earlier LP’s, now there are 15 required courses vs 62 courses with mass enrollments. 

I have hundreds of users to remove from the  7 original LP’s 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Robin H - I just checked the new Learning Plan interface in our Sandbox. It is more like course management now. But it does not show any bulk action icons. It does show the ability to add an additional field to a Learning Plan.