Question

Is there a way to increase the font size of subtitles in eLearning courses - SCORM and xAPI

• 14 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Is there a way to increase the font size of subtitles in eLearning courses?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Within SCORM or xapi you should be able to set things like that within the SCORM. Can you edit css in your SCORM maker? If so, probably yes. You’d need to find the appropriate target with an inspector view in your browser. 

If you want to do it in the native mp4 video player in Docebo, I figured that one out in css and I would be happy to share code. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Sasikumaar 

Are you building your own SCORM content w/ an eLearning authoring tool? If so, you should be able to adjust CC size. I know in Storyline you can specify this in the Player, not sure about others, but I’d be willing to bet there’s a way to do so in most tools.

But it would be nice if there was something in Docebo that would allow you to adjust caption size for videos, rather than using css. Accessibility should be easier to incorporate, not everyone (such as myself) is very adept at using css.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Here is my attempt at this.

If you have uploaded a .vtt file for your captions with an uploaded video you might try this.

Set the size as needed but note that going too large could cause other issues.

/** Adjust size of the captions for videos **/

.flowplayer .fp-captions p {
font-size: 12px;
}

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7

Here is my attempt at this.

If you have uploaded a .vtt file for your captions with an uploaded video you might try this.

Set the size as needed but note that going too large could cause other issues.

/** Adjust size of the captions for videos **/

.flowplayer .fp-captions p {
font-size: 12px;
}

Hope this helps.

Would highly recommend are relative font sizing rather than pixels for something like this. Videos have all the normal multiple sizes of screens issues multiplied since people watch them as part of screens, full screens, Picture in Picture, etc. you can definitely get some weird behaviors with definite sizes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Bfarkas - good idea!

I only went so far as to discover the mechanism to make it work.

Userlevel 7

@Bfarkas - good idea!

I only went so far as to discover the mechanism to make it work.

Totally understand!