Question

Is there a way to make fields required on the user profile?

• 29 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We are having people create profiles without first and last names - is there a way to make those fields required? 

9 replies

Badge

Hi @KatieD, if these users are self registering into the LMS, you can enable this option from your Admin Gear > Advanced Settings > Self-Registration. There is an option box to toggle on to require First Name and Last Name while registering.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @mara.smith - thanks for the reply - unfortunately, they are not. We have hundreds of banks that use our system, and each bank has their own admins (Power Users) that set up learners. I guess some get in a hurry and skip things like first and last name. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Think this setting on the additional fields makes it mandatory for PU’s when creating profiles:

make sure to also make the field visible to admins and check the permissions to see whether you provide  them with access to view all fields or not.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks @lrnlab but first and last name are system fields - not additional fields - we don’t want to have to build redundant fields. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@KatieD oh right, my apologies...you would think this would be a default required field. Maybe try this option although it references the mandatory fields only...not sure it would work in your case

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks for the suggestion @lrnlab - we already had that turned on. :(  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Wow this seems like a crazy oversight by the platform. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Bfarkas - that’s what we thought - we were sure we were missing something obvious. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

I created an idea if you want to upvote it: