Skip to main content

During implementation, we migrated a course that was once assigned company-wide as strongly encouraged but with no due date so there were A LOT of enrollments we migrated as In Progress or Enrolled. We added the course to our New Employee Onboarding learning plan so we set a Days of Validity, and chose the option to apply to previous enrollments so we now have a lot of users that show withe the course as past due. 

Is there a way to mass remove an expiration date from the users who were enrolled prior to implementation? The only thing i have found so far is to edit each user one at a time to remove the expiration date, so I am hoping there is something I am missing to expedite this! 

@memassey Are you looking to edit the validity of the learning plan, or just the course?

I’D TEST THIS FIRST, but here’s what I think should work:

1. In Course Management, find your course, and FILTER the Enrollments tab for everyone Enrolled/InProgress
  2. Select all of the records
  3. From Choose Action, select Edit Enrollment
  4. Click Enable Enrollment validity periods and change your dates.

Thanks @KMallette! So that is what I tried and what I thought would work… I can do that for individuals but when I try to do that for multiple users I do not have an option to just uncheck the Enable Enrollment Validity Period 😞 I also tried to select multiple and then choose Edit Enrollment but then it will not let me re-submit leaving that section blank...

If you want to remove the due date, follow the same steps bu from the Choose Action menu, select “Reset date range”...this will remove any due dates

That is what I needed, @lrnlab , thank you so much! In my mind, I was thinking if I clicked that option it would reset to the same days of validity I have set now at the course level… I appreciate your help!