Skip to main content

Language change from unenrol to disenrol?

Hi all, anyone else now have disenrol instead of unenrol on their platform?  Have checked localisation and looks like the English UK has been updated with the change, as it appears everywhere?!?

13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Neil Patterson,

I can confirm you that I have the same change in my platform and also in the sandbox.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, we’ve had it happen in our platform too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There for UK for me. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

yes for us too.  is there any way of updating this in bulk rather than painstakingly finding the relevant key to update?

Hi @Neil Patterson 

I'm a technical writer with Docebo and am the individual who affected this change.

I can confirm that all variations of "unenrol" have been changed to use "disenrol".

The reason behind the change is that there were several different varieties of spelling used ("unenroll", "un-enroll", "unenrol") and none of them were using the British English which is "disenrol", whereas "unenroll" is actually the US English version.

There are 99 instances of the term "disenrol" (also used for "disenrolled" or "disenrolling") that have been added to the English-UK language. The updated keys are found in the following modules: audit_trail, automation, classroom, course, course_management, coursepath, curricula, curricula_management, event_manager, helper, joyride, mobile, notification, standard, theme and user when searching for the term "unenrol" in the Translate function of the Localization Tool.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Neil Patterson 

There are 99 instances of the term "disenrol"

Can just feel the “ALL THE INSTANCES’ in this, totally been there. Thanks for the info!

Userlevel 4
Badge

I think this is a prime example of where not consulting with your customers creates a load of work for them, for the sake of pedantry. Whilst disenrol may be the correct British-English, I would hazard a guess based on comments here, that it is very rarely used. Maybe I’m the exception, but in all my years I don’t think I have ever used “disenrol” to describe someone being removed from a course! An email to ask for feedback from your customers as to what they would prefer might have saved a lot of work for everyone if it then meant just aligning the variations on unenroll (or should that be unenrol?)😉.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I think this is a prime example of where not consulting with your customers creates a load of work for them, for the sake of pedantry. Whilst disenrol may be the correct British-English, I would hazard a guess based on comments here, that it is very rarely used. Maybe I’m the exception, but in all my years I don’t think I have ever used “disenrol” to describe someone being removed from a course! An email to ask for feedback from your customers as to what they would prefer might have saved a lot of work for everyone if it then meant just aligning the variations on unenroll (or should that be unenrol?)😉.

Agreed @Richard.Harknett.  I have never heard the term disenrol before this change 😀

Thanks for the explanation @andrew.brook, so if I want my platform to go back to unenrol, do I need to change each of the 99 instances then?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

agree - neither i or anyone in the team would use this term.

Userlevel 4

Hi @Neil Patterson

Just had a check… we still have Unenroll (for now at least!):

Hoping it doesn’t change - “disenrol?”, how “unappointing” 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Unenroll or Unenrol?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hey @Sean  - is your language set to English or English - UK?  If it is just English, you will have the American spellings which is why you have Uneroll and not Disenrol 😁

Userlevel 4

Aha - yes @Neil Patterson, it does seem our platform is set to English rather than English - UK!

That’s probably why we have some interesting other spellings 🤣

Now I’m not sure what bothers me most LOL