Learning Plans, multiple concurrent enrollments for one user

• 19 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

We have a job shadowing program and would like to manage it in Docebo instead of manually.

I’m thinking that I set up a learning plan for the “job shadowing program” and then the employee can go through it when they’re accepted. It came up that we have people do this program multiple times, because they may want to shadow multiple roles in the organization. 

What would be the best way for me to manage someone being able to sign up over and over and track uniquely each position they’re doing and how long the program takes to complete? 

My current plan is to create a learning plan and set an expiration date on it, the employee finishes or it auto-closes, and then they can sign up again and fill in another job title for the next time. I’m hoping to use the survey feature to run reports on how many jobs are in the program and how long it takes people to do the shadow program. 

Is there a better way?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

your users  above courses to complete when they job shadow? I would have thought the Observation Checklist would have been a better fit for this type of thing. Have you looked in to that tool before?

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have an observation checklist as one of the items they have to do. From what I can tell, that’s just a toggle list where all the items on the list have to be checked off by a single assigned individual (learner, their manager, etc). The program has a bunch of different things they have to do with different people signing off, so I think it’ll be some application (probably in Microsoft forms embedded as html), learner observation checklist, manager observation checklist, job shadow person observation checklist. 

For each new role the learner wants to shadow, they’d have to do the whole process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We have some thing similar (but it sounds like it’s smaller than what you have) and opted not to include the OC in a course since it can only be done within the confines of that course...we created 1 OC for the user and another Oc for the manager/observer. The manager approves the first and them submits their own to the HR department to confirm the user did what they were supposed to...a bit clunky but the same OC is reusable many times for both the user and manager.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@lrnlab you can assign OC’s outside of courses?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yes, there is an option to “schedule” where you can make an OC always available...Users/managers can access via the My Checklist page or task list (I think).

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020124179-Creating-and-managing-observation-checklists#01H8EEENDBBKY43Y2ZWF2CEA5A

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

they can work independently of the courses.