Best Answer

Learning Plans Removed from Search Results with March Update?

• 22 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello all!

Did a recent update remove Learning Plans from Global Seach results?

I see the welcome update of being able to exclude specific items types from Global Serach results, in particular Assets and Training Material.  However, I cannot get Learning Plans to be searchable.  I have not excluded anything with the new settings.  My users can’t find Learning Plans.  I’m a super admin and can’t either and I’m using the exact names and key words.

Learning plans do return as search results from catalog and other course pages.

Was this an expected update and I missed it?

icon

Best answer by John S 25 March 2024, 16:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Just checking that you added them to a catalogue? Since this cannot be done when creating the LP, you can add via the Course Catalogue app only.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Just checking that you added them to a catalogue? Since this cannot be done when creating the LP, you can add via the Course Catalogue app only.

Yes.  They are set to “Show this learning plan in the course catalog” and added to catalogs that are available to all users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

that’s odd. just tested and I can still see LP’s in my reach results...maybe try turning the global search option for courses & LP’s, OFF then ON and save your changes to see if that does anything. Otherwise I would suggest you log a ticket.

Badge

We’re seeing the same issue with our global search. Using the catalog search is our current workaround, but learning plans should be - and used to be - included in our global search. We’ve opened a ticket but I want to post here, too, so @Jeremy.McKinley knew others were experiencing the same thing. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

We’re seeing the same issue with our global search. Using the catalog search is our current workaround, but learning plans should be - and used to be - included in our global search. We’ve opened a ticket but I want to post here, too, so @Jeremy.McKinley knew others were experiencing the same thing. 

Thanks for confirming your experience.  I’ve also opened a ticket and am waiting on a resolution.