Best Answer

Line manager notifications

• 4 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello,

Fairly new to setting up notifications and I was wondering if someone would be able to talk me through the Digest email “Learner has yet to complete a course” specifically to send to their line manager.

Context: We’re setting up mandatory training and require the line managers to take responsibility of their line reports once the line report has missed the deadline. I understand we cant send a a line manager an email detailing all the users outstanding under them, but I believe we can send them individual emails from each user.

I’m not sure how the email itself looks. Lets say “Bob” is the learner and “Louise” is the manager, If i set the email up as “Hello, [first name], this is a reminder to complete [course_name]...” and this gets sent to line managers, does it say “Hello, Louise, this is a reminder” or does it say “Hello Bob...” and the line manager just gets a copy?

Thank you for any help!

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 4 December 2023, 16:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

They are addressed to the user so the manager only gets a copy of what was sent to the user unless you create a version that only goes to managers...in that case it would also contain the employee name so your text could be something like, “Hello, the user xxxx has yet to complete...” There are no tags for manager names as far as I recall.