• 7 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I have three user types

• Legacy
  • Student
  • Alumni

All three user types have access to our course discussion pages but all three users have different home pages. I’d like for a “return to Home Page button” on the course discussion page to link them back to their relevant home page… is that possible?

Currently it links to the Legacy Home Page. Which is fine for Legacy Users and Alumni Users who have are part of the Legacy User group… but it doesn’t work for our Student users and Alumni users who are not part of the Legacy user group.

Any ideas for a work around? 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 7 September 2023, 22:12

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

only thing I can think of wold be create 3 different discussion pages (essentially copies of each other) but each with its distinct ‘back to home’ button

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Ugh! That’s what I was afraid of… that’s 18 pages to duplicate and fix links for.. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

sorry, lol...it’s probably the best solution from a user’s perspective but not for the admin. On a positive note, once they are duplicated, editing is pretty quick; do you already have your 18 different menus as well?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

All of the course discussion pages are on a hidden menu so they will all go to those… Which makes it slightly easier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

love the hidden menu!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

That did the trick… And it probably took less time than I spent looking for a work around… thank you!

Userlevel 2

Hi all, Giulio here from Docebo’s product team.
Docebo’s product team is gathering your thoughts and feedback on improving the Learning Experience (Pages & Menus) creation & management process.

Please take this survey to tell us about your needs, priorities, and challenges in creating and managing Learning Experiences.

The original Feedback request is on this page

Thanks!