Linking to external third party training partner

• 28 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, we are looking at using Docebo as an LMS and I am wondering how easy it will be to have people sign in to our platform (for tracking purposes) and then point them to other partner trainings that will be on other platforms (live webinars usually). I know we won't know whether they actually take the webinar without some coordination from the partner, but just being able to at least have them sign in through us will be a help with required participant numbers.

Thank you!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

What webinar platforms are you using. Docebo supports the major ones to some degree, and at the very least you can always make a custom VILT session where you just put the URL of the webinar in the field and users join through Docebo. Also, what are you expecting in terms of login on the other platforms?

Are there other platforms you are looking at for non-webinars? The more specific you can get on the platforms the more we can give you practical experience anecdotes :) 

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much for this reply. I think it isn’t even that important if the webinar looks like it is hosted through our LMS, just that they would sign into our LMS and see the class, then could click through to sign up with the third party and go from there. But at least we could track that they have done so somehow. Does that sound doable?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks so much for this reply. I think it isn’t even that important if the webinar looks like it is hosted through our LMS, just that they would sign into our LMS and see the class, then could click through to sign up with the third party and go from there. But at least we could track that they have done so somehow. Does that sound doable?

I mean broadly, yes that sounds doable, but I would still encourage you to let us now which platforms you are trying to use, like anything the nuances are what get you, and there are a lot of people here with experience on most platforms that can prevent you some grief with those nuances.

Userlevel 1

Great - thanks! We are going to be working with an organization that currently uses Docebo, taking over their training program for them. I wanted to check that this was doable as they haven’t currently been doing this. I’m sure I will have many more questions once we do start, and can also get more clarity on this question then. Thank you for such prompt and helpful responses!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Starling you’re in good hands with @Bfarkas helping you out 🙂 he’s a resident expert and all-around kind and helpful person.

Building on the info Brian shared, I wanted to share two examples of pages we used at my previous organization to link our learners out to training on third-party sites.

The first page below links out to Trails on Trailhead. It was great to link our admins and employees to relevant Salesforce training from our platform while still making it feel branded and aligned with the other content we delivered via Docebo.

We used the second page for Office Hours. Each of the buttons link out to a dedicated Zoom link that is “Live” for one hour each week at the advertised times. 

Thanks to widgets like the custom content box on custom pages, Docebo makes it really easy to design intuitive experiences for learners that either link to other pages within your platform, or to external pages. This becomes really powerful when you consider that you can also present native Courses and Learning Plans in Docebo directly alongside those other widgets. 

As Brian shared, it would help to understand what third-party tools you’re considering as Docebo could support more robust experiences via true integrations.

I hope this helps!

Recommended Salesforce Training page
Office Hours page

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Love these examples @Adam Ballhaussen !

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for these examples! Once we know whether we have the contract to develop the educational program, (the organization currently uses Docebo and we are hoping to take it over for them) I’ll definitely be reaching out some more I’m sure. This info is extremely helpful. Thank you!