Best Answer

Login Message for a Deactivated User

• 30 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I’ve noticed the message displayed to a user at login with a simple username/password mismatch seems to be the same as if they have tried to login with a deactivated account.

Is there a way to customise the message to indicate the account is deactivated rather than the same generic message for an account username/password mismatch? I would rather they approach a solution to their problem differently than a simple username/password mismatch.

I’ve looked in the localisation tool and the translation for the language I use and cannot see a way to adjust, or if there is a specific message I can use to modify.

Any pointers appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Daniel 31 August 2023, 01:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @jckemv Is this the message you mean? I had a look in the localization tool, but as you say it looks like there’s only one generic message for sign in errors.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @jckemv Is this the message you mean? I had a look in the localization tool, but as you say it looks like there’s only one generic message for sign in errors.

Maybe an “idea” for a future message to help us customise call to action for our users on this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You could try something like this to alert them to the possibility that their account may have been deactivated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Having said that, the ideal solution would be to have two separate messages for each situation to remove any uncertainty. It might be worth posting this as an idea...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Reading other posts, it looks like there may be a need for this, so I created the following idea to see if it gains any traction in the community.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi all, I’m still getting people each day saying their accounts are deactivated but they are not, I reset password and all good. No idea what is making them have this problem. My CRM has tried to replicate it and not found anything to trigger this. Super frustrating for end users and for me managing these “waste of time” problems. I cannot find where the error message is coming from either.