Managers Using Skills Management as Performance Management tool

• 14 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

Happy Friday!!

In my company, we’re looking for tools to help our Business Leaders and Managers plan for the future. We’ve identified skills that our employees should have, and have the training to go with these skills to increase competency at each level.

Our challenge is to find the correct tool to aggregate everything into, and pull out reporting that shows which employees will best suit upcoming projects.

In a discussion with Docebo, Skills Management works from the User side. Managers only get involved once the User has chosen their Skills.

We’re looking for Managers to be able to assign Skills, and competency levels, to their team, so that they can project future resources for upcoming work.

Can anyone in the Community point me to potential solutions?

Any and all help, suggestions (Docebo or external solutions), feedback would be greatly appreciated!

We have a soft goal of 2-4 months to find the perfect path!

Thank you!

LDAlexPM3

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Did a little digging and although a Manager cannot directly assign Skills, they CAN Suggest skills...you have to dig down on the Skills Overview tab when on the My Teams page

Click, See All Skills. You wil land on a page showing all skills elected by anyhow your team members…

Click on a Skill to see who has selected it...you land on a page called, Client relationship management.

On this page you will see all users who have this skill...click on a name and you will then be able to suggest Skills, Skills Levels, and content

it’s not the smoothest process and easy to get lost in but with a good guid, your managers shoudl be able to get around and assign (suggest) skills and/or courses

Hope this helps

Userlevel 3

@Irnlab..Thanks for the information. We are hoping for a more Manager or even SuperAdmin-focused solution that completes the User Profile.

Thanks again! 

LDAlexPM3

where can i find organization level reporting on skills?