Best Answer

Manually Reorder Assets in a Channel?

• 11 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey community!

I have some assets that were uploaded out of order to a channel and I wanted to see if there was a way to either edit the creation date to use the Newest to Oldest Sorting method or manually set an order of appearance for assets in a channel.

Thanks for any help!

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 11 April 2023, 17:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @atiegs dont think you cam edit the creation date...closest you can get to bring up the line when using the sort order, Newest to Oldest, would be to delete it and add it back...seems like a lot of work though.

What were you hoping to achieve?

Userlevel 1

Hi @atiegs dont think you cam edit the creation date...closest you can get to bring up the line when using the sort order, Newest to Oldest, would be to delete it and add it back...seems like a lot of work though.

What were you hoping to achieve?

We have release notes that were uploaded out of order, so I was just trying to figure out if there was an alternative way to reorder the channel content without your suggestion above. Thank you for the help!

Userlevel 3

Hi @atiegs  - Just wondering how this went?

We have a similar issue, but we were thinking of using a alpha-numeric code at the start of asset name (as we load these centrally) and then we would sort by A-Z.  If we needed to change the order, we would just adjust the code and hopefully the sort would put it into the required order.

Userlevel 1

Hi @atiegs  - Just wondering how this went?

We have a similar issue, but we were thinking of using a alpha-numeric code at the start of asset name (as we load these centrally) and then we would sort by A-Z.  If we needed to change the order, we would just adjust the code and hopefully the sort would put it into the required order.

We ended up deleting and reuploading since we only had like 4 assets at the time. Your thought would absolutely work in the naming conventions and then using a default sort order of A-Z. For us, we wanted a cleaner title nomenclature and opted for utilize just the upload date while having better PNP for the upload process.