Question

Merged users - additional fields and groups

• 20 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

When some of our learners move to a new office they have a new email/account identity and we have to merge their account to keep their past history.  I’ve noticed today that their additional fields and group membership (manual) are not being merged.  Is this something that others have noticed too or am I missing a step?

Joanna

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @joanna.lay no I have not experienced this behavior but definitely something I will watch for when we have to merge profiles…

Just a thought  on creating new profiles vs. changing a username using the import tool...We have 1 client who changed their email domains (@xxxx.com) twice in less than 12 months during a merger and in order to avoid having tp create new profiles or merge profiles, we simply updated the username using the import tool. All you need is the old username and the new one in the spreadsheet. This proved very effective for us and very quick to change...Perhaps this is something that could make sense for your groups?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks for the quick reply, definitely worth looking at I agree.  It may be a little harder for us to arrange because we don’t always get informed of the changes by our locations.  We find out once a learner already has a second account.  But this is a very helpful thought and I will see if we can make it work for us.