Best Answer

Minimize advertising on video links

• 19 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is there anything we can do to minimize the number of advertisements our learners are seeing when we include youtube or vimeo links for content in our courses?

icon

Best answer by dklinger 19 October 2023, 02:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Emily - good evening. Alas, unless you are doing some private channel licensing with Vimeo? I believe you are kinda stuck if you are working with those streaming video services. In the old days (lmao), you could develop a url with youtube that would tell it not to have advertising.

Now if you use Docebo’s video player itself and upload to it? Well you will have a whole different story/experience. And you dont have to have people have the ad experience.

Note: There are ALOT of other streaming video services available - Viddler for instance - that are not supported by ads. You can - in theory - iframe in your video from these other services and voila? You will have no ads.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That would depend on what you pay for in your streaming service...if you are just pulling free videos from those sites, you are bound to get the ads with it...remember that you are not actually downloading a video, you are streaming from an external source.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

That would depend on what you pay for in your streaming service...if you are just pulling free videos from those sites, you are bound to get the ads with it...remember that you are not actually downloading a video, you are streaming from an external source.

And yes sir Mark - you are correct. The right licensing for the right outcome. Alot of shops say - if it is free it is for me. That is where this convo begins. I guess I am showing my age where a streaming video provider was part of my shops older workflows to avoid some of the requirements of ad free types of video streaming. These days have sort of been muted by some advents of HTML5 and application stacks being ready for video streaming OOTB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @EmilyW_Tacoma 

You could try editing the video link as described in the following video. According to the comments, this method was still working as of 2 weeks ago.

Userlevel 4

Hi @Daniel ,

That worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip.