MS Teams Breakout Rooms - Who can host? / examples of breakout room usage

• 14 December 2023
  • 0 replies

Hello friends,

I’m wondering about the usage of Breakout rooms with the Microsoft Teams integration for ILTs. Our goal is for instructors to be able to use breakout rooms during an ILT - Teams event.

At this point, the only user who is able to use the breakout rooms is the user who created the course + event. We have tried this with instructors having various levels of access (SA and PU). But still only the person who creates the course can use breakout rooms. 

I have read the documentation on this and the most useful section seems to be the Important Notes section from the Docebo VILT for Microsoft Teams article. The article states: 

• Only an account that is paired with the Docebo for Microsoft Teams integration can be the organizer of an event.
  • Breakout rooms can be used within the Microsoft Teams application. They are not supported by the integration when used in Webview.
  • Instructors of live events must join the event from the Microsoft Teams desktop app.

I don’t see anything specific about whether or not instructors can use breakout rooms. 

Is anyone out there using breakout rooms with the new Microsoft Teams for vILT app? Would love to hear how others are making this work. 

Thanks a ton!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!