Question

Multiple enrollment rule creation

Is it possible to create multiple enrollment rules at one time? For the last two years, we have made approximately 400 rules to enroll different groups of users into specific courses and learning plans. At the end of the experience, we then have to go in and deactivate each of those rules so that new users aren’t added. Is there another, more efficient way to create multiple enrollment rules so we don’t have to do them individually? 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to achieve with the enrolment rules. If you could explain the problem you’re trying to solve with them, perhaps we could offer some appropriate solutions. What you’re doing now certainly seems less than ideal.

? I’m trying to determine if there is an automatic way to create enrollment rules based on a spreadsheet, API, or anything other than having to manually and individually create rules. 

Hi Tracey! There is an API you can use to bulk create Enrollment Rules. It is under the Manage > LegacyEnrollmentRules section of the API Explorer.