Need to Setup a Blog in Docebo

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Anyone implement a blog in Docebo using Learn and/or Coach & Share functionality and not a 3rd-party like Wordpress, etc.?

While not ideal, I’m thinking:

1. Create a Main Menu Page with links to each individual blog post page.
  2. Create separate page for each blog post but do not add it to the main menu (else it would make the menu length way too long). 

The individual blog pages would be “orphaned” and only accessible via either direct link or from the visible main menu Blog page. Once the user navigates to an individual blog page, the “Back” link provided by default in Docebo should return them back to the page they came from (typically the main Blog page).

Anyone have a better approach for this? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hmm, sounds like a lot of management, but broadly would work. Big thing to point out that I think would be a deal killer for some, Pages aren’t crawled for search, so the blog essentially wouldn’t exist for the search in your system.

How often are new posts going to exist? Trying to think how do people know there are new ones and when and how in this setup too. Are you going to do some manual notifications with direct links for awareness?

Something else to think about, not sure how large your articles are going to be, you could setup one page and use some of the CSS accordian setups around the community to basically keep them all on one page, or at least like a month contained to a page, instead of individual pages per post?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks @Bfarkas for the reply. 

Yes it is going to be some work but I don’t expect a lot of posts so it should be manageable. We’ll publish two or three posts to start but then maybe one post per month at most. I’m thinking that we will need a separate page per post so that we can promote via direct mail/notification and also via our Marketing channels (e.g., customer newsletter email they send out, etc.). So being able to promote the individual post is important, which of course would require a separate page in Docebo per post. 

Also planning on using the Docebo “Header Message” feature to promote the latest post. 

We’re targeting existing clients/customers/partners so Google crawling isn’t necessary. Other teams (Marketing) have publicly-exposed blogs. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Sounds like a plan then, couple more thoughts: 

• I wasn’t talking about Google Search or crawling, but the internal Docebo search for your platform.
  • I am not aware of one, but you might want to check with your CSM or Support if there is any kind of limit on pages? Don’t want to set yourself up down a path that will result in needing to migrate eventually.
  • You could realistically keep the accordian as the newest first and open by default so your new communications would always be to the right page? There are also ways to handle the direct links via anchor tags, but can get wonky in Docebo sometimes.