New Course Player Requires 2 Clicks

Userlevel 3
Badge

We’re testing with the new course player, and noticed that we have to make two clicks before the piece of content opens. Is anyone else experiencing that? How do we make it one click?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ktbadham - can you describe a little more? Is it happening with a flavor of SCORM? What was the authoring tool that generated the content (if you know) Typical rapid development authoring tools for elearning are articulate Rise or Storyline or Adobe Captivate for example?

If it is a SCORM file? You may want to see if you can reproduce in the SCORM cloud?

And if you have further doubt and get no where with Customer support? The folks that run SCORM Cloud? Are actually ultra-supportive of the standard.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I observed this with a SCORM file.

When you open the course you have to click “Start Learning Now”

And then it loads to this page where you have to click “Start Learning Now” again.

After this the SCORM actually loads. The same thing actually happens on Docebo University too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ktbadham - Do you know off hand if the course is set to lightbox vs another mode?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@ktbadham - Do you know off hand if the course is set to lightbox vs another mode?

Yes, it’s Theater Mode (Lightbox). We really like that mode and it’s what our learners are used to for SCORMS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

try turning off the lightbox? and see if it still happens. Modal popups (the lightbox mode) can be a little finicky with SCORM. Between that and actually the output from your SCORM tool? You can usually control if a new window is open when a person triggers a play button from the SCORM file.

Userlevel 3
Badge

try turning off the lightbox? and see if it still happens. Modal popups (the lightbox mode) can be a little finicky with SCORM. Between that and actually the output from your SCORM tool? You can usually control if a new window is open when a person triggers a play button from the SCORM file.

The only setting that does not trigger two clicks is to play it inline. I really don’t like the idea that I have to squish my modules into inline to save a click.

Again Docebo University behaves this way too, so I’m starting to think that’s just how the new player is :(

Does anyone else experience this and know? I couldn’t find an idea submitted yet about it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ryan.woods - good afternoon - have yawl been considering a way to impact @ktbadham findings?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @ktbadham 

Yes, this has been bugging me as well. Not even auto-play helps. I really hope they improve this early on.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @ktbadham 

Yes, this has been bugging me as well. Not even auto-play helps. I really hope they improve this early on.

Thank you for validating me Alan <3 I made an idea 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@ktbadham  Duly upvoted!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Upvoted as I have this issue. It did not occur on old player.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Can I ask the thread one more question? Because we have been hesitant with enabling the newer player.

When a person is not enrolled? There is a course landing experience for a person to enroll. I believe there is a way to configure how the course operates.

Are you all tinkering with this setting?