Best Answer

Notification: Enrolled in ILT but did not pick a session

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello, crew,

Has anyone figured a good way to notify/remind users who have enrolled in an ILT course but did not pick a session? Are you doing it manually or have you found an automation? After my perusal of the events/triggers list, it looks like this isn’t native at the moment.

And yes, I will humbly accept the “Will, you missed the notification … it’s called: xyz.”

Cheers!

icon

Best answer by Jamie at GuyKat 24 August 2022, 04:11

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @willingworth sadly there is no notification for this type of issue so am guessing that those that do follow this up, they must be dong it manually.

I have to say though that it should be an uncommon issue as Docebo usually forces the user to pick a session...only in cases where there are no sessions + the course is for sale, have I seen the option for a user to buy the course but not pick a session…

the only other event where this could happen is if they unenroll from a session but do not choose another. This option you could control on the course settings by not allowing this option and only enabling the option to change session, not unenroll.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I haven’t seen any creative workarounds for this one. Another situation where this does happen quite a bit is if you have an ILT course in a learning plan as the learning plan will enroll the user into the ILT course with them on a waiting list at the course level. 

If you find something, certainly post here as I’d love to find a workaround for this one as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We have this a lot as users are auto enrolled into our courses from learning plan and don’t pick sessions a lot. Two things we built out that help:

1. Running a report that identifies those enrolled but no sessions, then either do a simple mail merge, or get fancy and build an automation with something like power automate or docebo connect to send email reminders out. Usually filter an enrollment buffer so they had a week or so to register first. 
  2. built a tool where they can add a calendar to their calendar of reccomendations to do each day based on where they are in the curriculum. For iLTs, there is a “register for a session” task early in the timeline to encourage them to do so. The event has a deeplink to the registration calendar page. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Interesting! Another option if you don’t mind manually doing it is going into the enrollments for a course that has users in the waiting list, select all, and then use the Send Email function in bottom right to craft an email reminding them to go pick a session. There is a filter on the course management page to show any courses with users in the waiting list. Then tick the icon for users in the waitlist and then select all and send email. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If they are in the course but in no sessions, they may not be on the waiting list though. You could use the filters to show 0 sessions once within the course to do the same manual email process though. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

For clarity, I was referring to filtering on course management page where you can filter courses with people in the course waiting list (meaning they haven’t picked a session at all). If you apply that filter, then on the right you can click the icon of people in course waiting list and it will filter enrollments to those so you can just select all and send email.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Great thoughts folks, thank you.

Yeah, like @Bfarkas we have folks that do this a lot, @lrnlab.

For us it’s employees who enroll into a course via direct enrollment link but then don’t select their session. Seems like Catalog link approach might solve this, since like you were stating if they enroll in the course via a course link that’s available in their catalog the enrollment step should include picking the session.

Hmm, hmm, hmm… always wondering the best way to get folks enrolled in voluntary experiences.

And, best answer goes to @jamie.morgan - this is what I was planning to do. Just hoping to automate, always.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@erin.brisson

Can a thread (namely this one) be changed from a Question to an Idea? Or do I need to go make an Idea now for this Notification type?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Remember when launching a new LMS it’s a bit of process to get your users following a path you want/need them to follow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@erin.brisson

Can a thread (namely this one) be changed from a Question to an Idea? Or do I need to go make an Idea now for this Notification type?

I don’t think we can, most people make a separate idea and then link back to a related discussion thread like this one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

They have some magic tools so maybe Erin or Elliott can do this

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

They have some magic tools so maybe Erin or Elliott can do this

@lrnlab is right, we do have the power BUT in this instance we’d like to keep this as a question seeing as it provides an answer that may be valuable to members. Therefore, you’ll need to create a new idea and we recommend linking to this question from the new idea. Any questions, let us know. Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Cheers, thanks @erin.brisson 

Here’s the idea: 

Please upvote :)