Skip to main content
Question

Notification Query

• 8 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi folks

I’m in the middle of creating notifications for my organization and we require notifications going to the user for tasks such as when then enroll/unroll on-to training, complete E-Learning etc. The same notification needs sent to that persons line manager which we have in the system as, “Power-Users”  However, the notifications appear to be going to ALL the power-users in our systems instead of just the Manager of the person the notification relates too.   I also noticed one of the notifications gives you the option for just “Manager” as the target group but not all notifications have this option.   

Would anyone have any suggestions for a way round this?  Maybe an issue with the way the Power-Users are set up?

Many thanks! :) 

@andrewrobinson that’s how it is. Basically, only notifications, which have the “Manager” option can be routed to the person’s manager.

Note, that in some cases, there are several notifications, which, if configured correctly, may serve a slightly different purposes than their name suggests ;)

For example - the notification “Course has expired” that we use to send a reminder to the learner that the due date is approaching, doesn’t have the “Manager” option.

However, knowing that most of our mandatory courses have a 30-day deadline, we have configured the notification “Learner has yet to complete a course” to be sent to a manager 22 days after the enrollment, serving as an expiration escalation notification.

@andrewrobinson I would recommend creating a Power User profile for managers and have each of those Power Users  be set to either their branch, group, or users. The branch setting is easiest for automation through the nightly feed. Once those are configured the emails should be sent to the PU of their assigned audience.

Thanks for this @alekwo   Would you know if there is a possibility of having the “Manager” option be available for all the notifications in the near future? For example we require a notification for when a user enrolls on-to a session to go to that persons Manager but without this “manager” option in the target group we wouldn’t be able to do this if I’m reading this correctly?

@andrewrobinson it would be great, but it’s a question to Docebo.

As the Ideas portal is now off-line, can’t even check if this was submitted/voted by others. Let’s make sure to request this, once the new ideas submission tool will become available.