Best Answer

Notifications: Languages Assigned

• 27 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Question.  I have noticed that quite a few of our notifications seem to have a default message that prepopulates for ALL LANGUAGES in the platform.  I cannot find a way to unassign these languages.  Even deleting the message content for those additional languages doesn’t stick.  Is there a way to turn this off?  The generic notification content that is coded is NOT brand standard for us and we prefer to just have the English version for notifications that haven’t been formally localized.  

Even when I just create the English, and only select English when creating the notification, it auto populates the other languages - and not with the custom message that I created, but with stock messaging.  

Is there a way to turn this off?  This is adding ridiculous rework for us.   

icon

Best answer by KMallette 27 February 2024, 21:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@hwolfehall To disable these languages, you need to go to the Localization tool and turn the green check to gray (just click on it).

When you create something custom like this, you need to provide the translation. The localization tool only translates the UI text that is listed in the tool.

Are you actually presenting content in all of these languages? If yes, then I would say you need to leave these languages enabled in the Localization Tool and then create the notifications in language by translating your custom English content into these languages.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@KMallette I understand.  We support all of the languages that are presented. However, not all of our notifications are in language.  We are in the process of localizing notifications.  Until they are completed, all notifications are sent in English only.  This is understood by our clients/users. 

The issue is that there is some kind of stock coding that just APPEARS when we create our notification in English.  We should be able to turn off whatever this stock Docebo notification stuff is as it is NOT the correct messaging for our users.  But, we can’t even turn it off and force English only for some notifications.  Note, there are MANY notifications where this isn’t an issue.  If we don’t script in in various languages, and only enter for English, English is the only language enabled (even though all languages are supported).  It’s frustrating that they work differently and unexpectedly.