Best Answer

On-the-Job and Self-Paced Learning for Course Types

• 19 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi, friends,

I’ve looked for a solution here, but couldn’t identify one that would work for us. Docebo has only 2 types of courses: E-Learning, and Instructor-Led. We are trying to come up with a way to capture a course that was done as either OJT or Self-Paced...but cannot figure out the best way to do this (short of having these 2 new types added to the platform). I’m going to guess that someone out there does have a workable solution, and it you’d like to share it with me, I’d truly appreciate it!  Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by elamast 20 March 2024, 15:05

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@azf713 You’ll want to look at checklists, which is the closest thing to OJT that isn’t e-learning. You can certainly build e-learning micro-courses that work really well in a mobile device. You can name them in such a way as to be designated “OJT”.

You might want to think about an e-learning course that contain a very short module, and then a checklist signed off by a manager.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@azf713 - a question. Are you looking to store historical information - the learner does not need to interact with the learning system to support the capture of the course?

If you are looking to do so - either ILT or a WBT as a learning object can meet your needs.

External Training is a learning object that may also fit your needs that you can upload CSVs against.

The others - ILTs and WBTs you can move historical records as well in. It may not seem straight forward, but I may be able to point you at a toolset that can help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

We are trying to come up with a way to capture a course that was done as either OJT or Self-Paced...

Are you trying to store scores for this training, or is it more of a checklist? 

If you need scores, is one roll-up score for the overall OJT sufficient, or do you need to record individual scorable items such as a series of tasks with their own scores?  

One possibility is the xAPI type of training material which you can set up a bunch of different ways in your authoring tool, even to record various interactions with the module (not just scores).  This could work in scenarios where the employee will be logging into the LMS directly.

If the learner is not logging into the LMS directly, but perhaps a manager is going to be submitting a form with a final score on behalf of the student, I’ve also got a solution for that using Cognito Forms and some API magic.

Hi, Ed, thanks...we’re just trying to create a course and indicate what type it was. If someone completed an OJT class, I want to create the class as an OJT class, enroll the user(s), and mark them COMPLETE. The only options right now, as far as Type are ILT and eLearning.  Thanks…

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi, Ed, thanks...we’re just trying to create a course and indicate what type it was. If someone completed an OJT class, I want to create the class as an OJT class, enroll the user(s), and mark them COMPLETE. The only options right now, as far as Type are ILT and eLearning.  Thanks…

So, it’s really the label in the system that you want to reflect as OJT (vs. eLearning or ILT).  I think that’s going to be a feature request/idea that you can submit here:  https://community.docebo.com/topic/new

Thanks, Ed...yes, it will be an enhancement request...I’ve spoken to Docebo about it, and they told me it was already in the pipeline.