Best Answer

Options for eLearning or Classroom

• 28 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey all! I received a question from another Docebo User (who hasn’t yet received access to the Community) this morning and I wanted to post to the community to see if I could find her an answer! 

Is there a way to give employees the option of attending a classroom session OR an eLearning to fulfill the same requirement? 

The use case is they have safety training that was conducted in the classroom in the past, but now it’s eLearning. They don’t want to put people in the eLearning if they have already completed the face-to-face session. How do you all manage this? 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 3 May 2021, 18:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My response back to her was as follows: 

We have seen success with the Equivalencies tool, however, the limitation is it won’t recognize course participation that has occurred prior to you setting up.

Moving forward I would create two new courses (one of each type), within the Advanced Properties section of each course I would reference the other.  This allows for the completion of either section to mark the requirement complete for them. (We do this often in Learning Plans)

When we ran into the issue of keeping the old tracking we created on additional session (past date) and enrolled everyone in then marked complete so the equivalency would recognize it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Using the “Bidirectional” option when creating equivalencies works very well and maintains the ‘connection’ between 2 courses.