Question

Paid Learning Plans and Course Visibility

• 8 April 2022
  • 7 replies

I have users who are bypassing paying for a learning plan because the courses are visible under the course management tab. How do I prevent this from happening? 

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

JUST had to do this..

In the course settings… 
Under advanced, change the catalog options for the individual courses to:
Show the course only to enrolled users
Self-enrollments are not available. 

When the learner enrolls in the learning plan, they are automatically enrolled in the courses within the learning plan… but this way the courses will NOT be visible to anyone who hasn’t paid for the learning plan. 

SIDE NOTE:
If you have power users that are able to see ‘all courses in visible catalogs’ they will be able to see the courses from the admin menu 😐 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@laurenwatts you mention ‘course management’...are you asking about a PU being able to enrol users and bypass the payment process?

That’s exactly my problem. Even if I hide them, they can bypass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@laurenwatts sadly that’s one of the big eComm gaps. Think there are a few ideas you can vote on:

@laurenwatts sadly that’s one of the big eComm gaps. Think there are a few ideas you can vote on:

I found a way to do it. I put the courses in the learning plans in their own category in the central repository. Then, I chose every category of courses to be visible to power users except that one. 

JUST had to do this..

In the course settings… 

When the learner enrolls in the learning plan, they are automatically enrolled in the courses within the learning plan… but this way the courses will NOT be visible to anyone who hasn’t paid for the learning plan. 

SIDE NOTE:
If you have power users that are able to see ‘all courses in visible catalogs’ they will be able to see the courses from the admin menu 😐 

I found a way to do it. I put the courses in the learning plans in their own category in the central repository. Then, I chose every category of courses to be visible to power users except that one. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

JUST had to do this..

In the course settings… 

SIDE NOTE:

@laurenwatts - I would LOVE it if this was an option for us, but we have 29,000+ power users who change daily, and that is set up via an API, right now, the permissions are set to just the options available… which is ‘all visible courses’ or a specific course catalog.

We also make changes to the categories too often to update the API each time we make an update. I LOVE that you found a way that works for you though!! =)