Best Answer

Pixel width of notification emails

• 9 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello all,

I’m working with my graphics team to create a banner image to put at the top of all of the email notifications that are sent by our platform.  I can’t find any information on what the pixel width of email notifications is to pass on to my graphics team.  I’d like to avoid the trial-and-error route to figure it out.  Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by sjennings78 9 January 2024, 15:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

We use a header image on our notifications but I have the entire notification structured in a table that is 800px wide, so I just have the image set for width=100% within the top cell of the table.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

there are no specifications since it’s not wholly controlled by Docebo...you’re using an email engine to send emails and different email software can behave differently and render differently…

As @sjennings78 says, this is what we do and I recommend as a best practice is to use tables in your emails. This will keep things pretty tidy and uniform regardless of the email software. we used one of the templates already developed by Docebo and enhanced it. The notification, “learner has enrolled in a course” has a template you can use...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

When it comes to emails, always fall back to 1990’s web design standards to have control, table it up! :)