Question

Placement test

• 14 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to set a ‘’placement test’’ so that user can do the test beofre enrolling in any course and depending on the result they will access a certain level of course. For exemple if they have 10/25 on the placement test the user will have to enroll in the level 1 course, but if they have 20/25 they can enroll directly to the level 4. 

thank you

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @julientrudel ,  

I think you can do that by putting score specific feedback on a Docebo quiz, and provide the enrollment link to the appropriate course within that feedback. 

You can keep the two courses out of a catalog as well so that people cannot search it and take it.  

Then in the feedback settings of your quiz, put the enrollment link for the Level 1 course for those who scored 10/25, and then put the enrollment link for the level 4 course in the feedback for those who score 20/25.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Good one @Annarose.Peterson 

Userlevel 1

@julientrudel great question as I believe this is something I’ll have do.

Here is another option that you could use with @Annarose.Peterson suggestion, however I’m thinking it can only work for 2 levels.

Learning plan or all items as training material in a course (not sure which works best)

• Quiz - available
  • Course 1 - available 
  • Course 2 - locked - a prerequisite is quiz must be passed.

The quiz is set to a pass mark of 10/25 and if a person doesn’t pass then they take course 1. if they pass then course 2 is unlocked.

A learner can go back and take the quiz, if they pass then course 2 becomes unlocked.

Potentially could use equivalencies - if learner passes quiz then course 1 is the equivalent (I have used equivalencies so just hypothesizing).

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This is a really elegant solution @Annarose.Peterson, love it!