Skip to main content
Question

Playlist "add content" source

• 12 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Once you have created a playlist, in the “edit playlist” screen, where does the “add content” button pick assets from?

I’m trying this and it doesn’t pick up any content in the results. The playlist is published in a private channel, but the results do not even include other content within the same channel (which is not already on the playlist). Neither it shows public content, which is visible to anyone in the platform. 

2 replies

I am having this same issue and not finding any resources or answers yet

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Are you using playlists in the new course player view or the old one?

I’m still in the old course player, and when I go into a playlist it opens the first course in the list. I can then see the ‘Add content’ button for that course.

If I open the ‘Playlist’ bar at the bottom of the screen then I can see the list of courses in it, but there isn’t a specific option to add content to the playlist. However, I can still see the ‘Add to playlist’ button that is specific to the course (if I select it then nothing happens because it is already added to my playlist).

So I believe that content has to be added to the playlist from the course page itself, rather than opening the playlist and adding to it from there.