Best Answer

Pop ups on mobile app: How can I get SCORM files starting with "Open a new window" buttons to play on mobile?

• 27 June 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m at a new company and migrating their LMS. 

Almost all our courses begin as “open a new window” buttons for historical reasons. 

There are thousands of these courses. 

Can we straight-up not use any of these in the mobile app? They open the popups in the default iPhone browser (chrome in my case), not within the Docebo app (we paid for branded mobile but I assume go.learn is the same code)

icon

Best answer by elamast 27 June 2022, 17:32

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I’m sure something can be done, but it would be helpful to see an example of one of these courses to determine the complexity. 

Also…  Are these SCORM modules?  How were they produced? Do you have the original files?

If you don’t want to post one in a public forum like this, please direct message me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

These are scorms, produced in articulate storyline, many of which I don’t have the original files.

I presume it might be possible to do a find-replace recursion to get rid of the target=”_blank” tags that must be in there somewhere.

Is your eskillz email elamast? or elamaster.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I’ll reply by direct message. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

DM’ed you a scorm via sharepoint

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

After examining your test course, the simplest way to fix these would be to modify the imsmanifest.xml file in each one.

Change this line:

<resource identifier="__WhateverRandomIdIsHere_course_id_RES" type="webcontent" href="launcher.html" adlcp:scormtype="sco">

to

<resource identifier="__WhateverRandomIdIsHere_course_id_RES" type="webcontent" href="index_lms.html" adlcp:scormtype="sco">

If you’re trying to update the SCORM files in an existing course, then Docebo isn’t going to like doing a simple replacement--you’ll have to upload as a new module.  Changing the manifest file is seen by Docebo as a structural change rather than a simple update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

New module as in delete the whole course? Or just delete the scorm from training materials and reupload the zip.

Thanks~!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Also - do 100% of scorms have an imsmanifest and a index_lms_html5.html file? I’m currently redirecting directly to that instead of index_lms.html unless there’s a reason not to. I assume that saves the user one redirect.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

New module as in delete the whole course? Or just delete the scorm from training materials and reupload the zip.

Thanks~!!

No need to delete the whole course.  Just delete (or hide if that better matches your situation) the non-modified version of the SCORM training material and upload a new one.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

All SCORM packages have an imsmanifest.xml file.  That is the file that instructs the LMS which files are in the package, and which one to launch.

If you no longer have to deal with legacy Flash content, you can skip one redirect in the way you mentioned.