Skip to main content
Best Answer

Power Users and Categories

• 13 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi!

We have different Categories for our Safety Courses and our Compliance Courses.

I have a site Safety manager that should have access to mark completions on Safety Only Courses. However, he wants to be able to SEE our compliance courses to track completion - not edit enrollment. We can’t give him access to mark compliance courses done, but he needs to be able to mark safety courses done. How should I set up his permission?

If he doesn’t have assigned resources of the category of “compliance” he cannot pull a report himself since he can’t view those courses- right? How can he track this set of courses? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

sadly you cannot assign different permission sets for different categories...it’s all or none…

there are a few ideas posted on this...I agree PU permissions need to be able to be set not only by the resources attached but also a “state”; meaning, I should be able to assign a catalogue, category, etc. and then assign a level of access like, view only, edit, etc.

Today, if an admin has edit access, they can edit everyithng they can see.

sadly you cannot assign different permission sets for different categories...it’s all or none…

there are a few ideas posted on this...I agree PU permissions need to be able to be set not only by the resources attached but also a “state”; meaning, I should be able to assign a catalogue, category, etc. and then assign a level of access like, view only, edit, etc.

Today, if an admin has edit access, they can edit everyithng they can see.

Thank you for your help! I thought that might be the case. So if they don’t have the compliance category assigned to them as a resource, they can’t even receive reports with those course on it right? 

I was thinking I could schedule the report to send with all those courses on it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

correct...same goes for things like user data...if they dont have access to view, they will only see the basics (username, first & last name, for example)