Best Answer

Putting course under maintenance while users are taking it

• 23 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

What happens if I put a course under maintenance while a user is taking it? Will it kick out anyone who is taking it, or will it only prevent users from starting it. I’m trying to push an updated SCORM file to the course, but I’m finding it hard to find a time when no one is in the middle of training. 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 23 March 2023, 18:57

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @eric.hughes it will locked everyone out...not sure about those that may be in the course when you take it offline though. You may want to run a test on a sample course.

Note that if you are updating a SCORM package that had no major changes; say just some grammar, spelling, changing images and the like, you could overwrite the existing course and users will maintain their progress and bookmarks (depends on how you r course was created). Again, please test this thoroughly before applying to your live course. If you course structure has changed, you cannot overwrite without affecting user progress.

If you can overwrite and your package is of a decent size, the operation can be very quick (5 min.)