Question

Quick View: ILT Attendance

Userlevel 1

Is there an easy way to quickly view if attendance has been manually marked for an ILT course and/or ILT session? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @adrie2784 you can run reports and you can see if attendance was marked on the Events & Attendance tab of the Sessions. The first number in the last column shows how many of those enrolled have been marked as attended.

Userlevel 1

I appreciate the response. Unfortunately, I was hoping not to have to click into the session to see the event because we have too many sessions to take the time to click into each one to check that. The example below shows just one of our many ILT courses and the sessions within that course. As you can see, some of those dates have passed, meaning the attendance should be complete, but there is no way from this view to tell if attendance was marked or not, so it’s forcing me to click into each one to verify. Spot checking this to ensure our team is keeping up with this is a nightmare. Any other thoughts or suggestions? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

you might look at the API’s to see if you can build something custom that would pull in this info into a report of some kind.

https://doceboapi.docebosaas.com/api-browser/

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Is there an easy way to quickly view if attendance has been manually marked for an ILT course and/or ILT session? 

I see you already submitted an idea for this.  I upvoted it.  Great idea.

Here’s an alternate way to get this information, short of clicking into every session to look for it:

Through the API, you can get attendance for a session by using this endpoint:

https://YOURURL/learn/v1/ilt/get_multiple_ilt_sessions?session_ids[]=SESSIONNUMBER

This gives you attendance per course (with all sessions listed):
https://www.avotrainingu.com/learn/v1/ilt/get_multiple_ilt_sessions?course_ids[]=COURSENUMBER

The attendance comes back per individual student.  For those with attendance marked it shows this way:

"attendance": [ "2022-08-18", "2022-08-19" ],

or if not marked,

"attendance": null,

Obviously, this creates a problem for trying to show if an entire class’s attendance was marked since the reporting is on the individual student level.

The API endpoints above don’t let you input a date range, so you’ll want to generate a list of session numbers first.  There are multiple ways to get those.  (For my purposes I built a tool with Google Sheets and AppSheet to quickly find all the current courses and sessions, their enrollments, and course revenue, but it gets all the data from API calls to Docebo.)

Once you have a list of sessions, you could use an automation tool (like Docebo Connect) to loop through each session’s output and do a count of how many nulls were in the attendance field for a session. If the number of nulls equaled the number of students, you’d know attendance was not entered into the LMS for that session.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That global events info report currently in sandbox can’t come to production fast enough….

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@adrie2784  In reporting, Use the USERS - ILT Sessions report ,you can now see both session and event attendance.  No need to do this through course/session management.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This is such a welcome change @Jtischler ! Have had to build so many workarounds to do these things previously.