Best Answer

Recompletion of Mandatory training modules

• 28 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Looking for the easiest way to have all users to recomplete a mandatory courses on “Privacy Laws and the Workplace”.

Its an annual refresh that all our employees are required to take each year. Ideally dont simply want to create another course with effectively the same content as this causes confusion for users knowing which course they are required to complete (despite clear instructions)

Is there a way to simply add an additional SCORM course to an existing course and be able to produce reporting based on the version that was completed whilst requiring all users to recompleted the new course to be considered complete?

Definitely dont want to muck around with resetting completions as these are required for maintenance of compliance  

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 28 December 2023, 16:00

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

have you looked into Enrolment Archiving? It can reset all your users and re-enrol them in a single action.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/11521889929490-Archiving-enrollments-for-recurrent-training

Please note that this process cannot be reversed or edited and although the data appears in reports, it’;s not all perfect. That said, it does the job for now.

This has worked nicely thank you :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

happy to help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Please note that this process cannot be reversed or edited and although the data appears in reports, it’;s not all perfect. That said, it does the job for now.

I am exploring using this feature for the first time with our annual ethics training. We have been creating new courses for all our annual compliances courses, but it’s a pain to constantly have to update links. @lrnlab what is your experience with this and what about it is “not all perfect”. We get audited on our compliance training, so imperfect data is not an option for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@IanMonk there are many parts of the archiving process that need improvement since it’s very basic right now. Overall it does what it says it does and will allow you to archive course data and re-enroll your users however at this time, reporting on the details of the archive data (like a test and the test answers) is not reportable or recoverable at this time. You can see the score, the status and most other basic info but if were needing to run a report to see what answers the user answered on a test, that would not be possible. This is just one example…

If you have a look at the Ideas portal, there are many enhancement requests that may help you understand what’s missing in this app…

I pulled this together 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks @lrnlab! This is really helpful. I also did a thorough readthrough of the knowledge base article and have a better understanding of the limitations. Fortunately, our use case is pretty simple and this should serve our purposes well. I don’t love that it doesn’t archive additional fields. I upvoted that idea (and many more). Thanks for putting that list of ideas together and pushing the dev team. Kudos!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

my pleasured thanks for voting...hoping to get lots more visibility to these gaps so we can push Docebo to put some focus on these soon.