Best Answer

Recording CPD Reflections Help

• 22 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

We’re looking at using Docebo to support our staff’s regulatory CPD requirements, but struggling to find an elegant solution.

Our staff are required to…

• complete regular self-evaluation and development (rather than prescriptive CPD points/hours) on training they complete both internally and externally,
  • make notes on the learning objectives for a piece of training, and to reflect upon what they have learned and how it was useful to their professional development
  • provide a report detailing their CPD reflections if asked, they’re not required to submit annually etc. 

So far we’ve been looking at the external training app, but a few of the default fields aren’t really relevant and it’s a bit clunky using it for any internal training too. 

We’ve also looked at using a Course containing a Survey Item, but that doesn’t seem to be something users can repeat to log new activities. 

Wondering if anyone has any similar CPD requirements in their organisation and can share your solutions?

icon

Best answer by Annarose.Peterson 22 May 2023, 16:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi - we manage our Certifications using Courses. Basically, it’s only for tracking purposes and so we can set-up a reminder notification ‘Learning Completed a Course’ for learners and managers. We also did not consider using External Training App for some reason. You can possibly meet your requirements this by creating an Observation Checklist or Survey training materials and adding it in an Online Course.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We don’t have CPD requirements but we do have one-time and annual training requirements. The annual requirements require us to jump through the usual hoops of setting up annual courses.

I have yet to figure out how to display due dates to users and supervisors, and would appreciate some advice on doing so.  

We are also avoiding the external training app, which appears to be more useful for user uploads than for regular recordkeeping.

IIRC the external training app does not integrate fully with the User Personal Summary or reports. But I could be wrong...

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

We don’t have CPD requirements but we do have one-time and annual training requirements. The annual requirements require us to jump through the usual hoops of setting up annual courses.

I have yet to figure out how to display due dates to users and supervisors, and would appreciate some advice on doing so.  

We are also avoiding the external training app, which appears to be more useful for user uploads than for regular recordkeeping.

IIRC the external training app does not integrate fully with the User Personal Summary or reports. But I could be wrong...

Hi @billso - You mean due date for notification that will inform your learners that they are due to retake their certifications?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@cthgf , have you looked at the observation checklists?  You can create a specific set of checklist requirements and users can fill them out as they need to.  Supervisors can review those checklists.  The checklists could be added to a course shell as a training material, so you could put deadlines on them, or they can be standalone outside of a course shell. 

Userlevel 1

@Annarose.Peterson Thanks Anna, I’ve just had a look and think this may be a solution.